Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. Click OK to extend your time for an additional 120 minutes.
Workshop Chairs & Stools
We offer industrial seating for workplace environments including workshops, labs, warehouses and factories. Browse the range here or contact our sales staff if you can’t find the chair you’re looking for.
Different types of workshop chairs
Not sure which workshop chair is right for your working environment? Explore the different types of chairs included in our range below.
Designed to provide comfort and support for people who spend long hours in the workshop. Our workshop chairs, such as the ErgoSupport Workshop Chair, come in a variety of materials and colours.
Ideal for tasks that require more mobility and flexibility, such as welding, painting or assembling. Workshop stools, including the Verco Industrial Workshop Stool, are height adjustable, versatile and have additional features such as footrests or wheels.
Featuring a higher seat height than normal chairs, our draughtsman chairs, such as the Heavy Duty Workshop Chair, are suitable for people who need to work at elevated counters or workbenches.
ESD workshop chairs
Designed for highly-sensitive ESD production areas, our range of ESD workshop chairs, including the E-Tech ESD High Chair, come in a range of colours and materials and conform to BS EN 61340-5-1 standards for conductivity.
Adjustable workshop stools
All the workshop chairs and stools in our range are height-adjustable and can raised or lowered to suit different preferences and needs.
Workshop stools on wheels
If you need to move around the workshop environment easily and quickly, then browse our range of workshop stools on wheels, such as the Sit/Stand Cushioned Saddle Stool.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please browse our entire chairs range or contact the Manutan team on 0800 652 6000.
Workshop Stools FAQs
What are the benefits of workshop chairs?
Workshop chairs and stools are beneficial for workers who perform various tasks in workshop settings. Some of the benefits are:
- They provide comfortable seating and support for the workers’ posture, reducing fatigue and strain on the muscles and joints.
- They encourage ‘active sitting’, which helps strengthen core and back muscles, resulting in improved comfort and reducing risk of back pain.
- They enhance productivity and efficiency by allowing workers to adjust their position, height and angle according to the task at hand.
- They prevent injuries and accidents by ensuring stability, mobility and safety for the workers.
What is the height of a workshop stool?
Many of the seats in our range can reach a maximum height of 1210mm. Check the product specification for details or use our Filter By toggle to find the right chair for you.
How do I maintain my workshop chair or stool?
To keep your workshop chair or stool in good condition, follow these tips:
- Clean the seat (and backrest if it has one) regularly with a damp cloth or a mild detergent. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or solvents that may damage the material.
- Check the screws and bolts periodically and tighten them if necessary.
- Lubricate the moving parts occasionally with a silicone spray or oil.
- Replace any worn or broken parts as soon as possible.
- Store your workshop chair or stool in a dry and cool place when not in use.
How do I find the right chair for my working environment?
If you’re not sure which stool or chair is right for you, take a look at our Purchasing Guide which features some great tops on the different type of workshop chairs and what you should take into consideration before buying.