Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. Click OK to extend your time for an additional 120 minutes.
All categories: Lockers
Do employers have to provide lockers?
The Workplace (Health, Safety, and Welfare) Regulations, 1992, highlight the standard of which an organisation must adhere to when it comes to provisions for its staff members. These regulations include everything from ensuring employees have access to toilets and washing facilities through to making sure drinking water is available, but do employers have to provide lockers?
How to stop a gym locker from smelling
There are a number of ways to ensure lockers are kept as fresh as possible. Though it might seem simple to make sure lockers are kept clean, it does take time and effort to make sure no unwanted odours begin to take over your locker room. Here we list the best ways to stop a gym locker from smelling.
How wide is a locker door?
Locker doors may vary in width from 250mm (25 cm / 10 inches) to 600mm (60 cm / 24 inches). It is necessary for locker doors to vary in width so they can accommodate many different environments.
Why choose Manutan for your lockers?
If you’re looking for standard metal storage lockers, industrial lockers or lockers suitable for schools, we offer a wide variety of lockers to suit any budget, all available online.
Choose your preferred locker type, then filter by size, material, colour and more. Whether you need a white, blue or grey locker, a short or a tall locker, we have them all.
Keep your items secure with a locker from Manutan today; simply select the category you would like to explore from the selection below.
Standard storage lockers
Our standard storage lockers are ideal general purpose lockers for any business. We offer a variety of laminate, wood effect and metal lockers in various colours to suit your workplace needs.
Choose from 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 door metal lockers, or opt for a nested option, which includes single-tiered lockers in a nest of 2, 3 or 4 for a cost-effective alternative.
Some of the lockers come with feet or on plinths, and you have a choice between flat or sloping tops. You can also opt for a vision panel or pre-assembled lockers.
Our range of industrial lockers for workers are designed to store workwear and personal items in an industrial environment. These include clean and dirty workwear lockers which come with a central divider so you can store your workwear and personal clothing separately. All clean and dirty lockers have a single door/tier and most come with a hard hat shelf.
There are options to purchase these in nests for a cost-effective solution and you can also opt for an antibacterial coating.
Our specialist antibacterial lockers offer an anti-bacterial coating to help prevent the spread of germs, making them ideal for NHS workers, residential care workers and domiciliary carers. This type of technology is used by different manufacturers and may be referred to as one of the following:
- BioCote - antimicrobial technology offering constant protection for the lifetime of the locker against a wide range of bacteria, moulds, fungi and more.
- Elite Guard - an antibacterial coating to fight bacteria for the lifetime of the locker. 99.9% effective against MRSA and E.Coli.
- Germ Guard Active - a synthetic coating containing anti-bacterial chemicals, preventing bacteria from infecting and reproducing on the locker surface for the lifetime of the locker.
If you’re looking for a specific type of metal locker (anything from cloakroom lockers to educational lockers), you should find what you’re looking for in one of our specialist ranges below.
- Wire mesh lockers: available with or without doors. Choose 1, 2, 4 or 6 door lockers or opt for the wire mesh compartment lockers with 12, 16, 20 or 40 compartments.
- Cube lockers: modular, colourful and suitable for various sectors. Our range comes in 3 different sizes, 305mm cubed, 380mm cubed and 450mm cubed.
- School lockers: available in a range of designs and colours, most of our school lockers come with an anti-bacterial coating. Choose from 1-3 doors or 1 to 15 boxes.
- Charging and laptop lockers: for storing and charging laptops, tools, phones, etc. 8-15 compartments with sockets and leads. Individual or master locks.
- Personal effects lockers: ranging from 4-40 compartments. Ideal for securely storing small items. Suitable for both private and public sector staff who don't need additional clothing storage.
- PPE lockers: complete with approved PPE labelling. Perfect for secure storage of professional safety gear such as clothing, footwear, hard hats, torches and masks.
- Garment lockers: available in two types - disposal and collection. Disposal lockers allow for 45 garments to be disposed of once used. Collection lockers come in various sizes and offer 5 to 20 doors. Coated in Germ Guard Active paint.
- Uniform lockers: larger than standard size lockers. Available in 600mm width and 600mm depth to provide more space for bulky workwear items.
- Post lockers: can be wall mounted. Includes anywhere from 3 to 10 post box slots in one unit. Each box has its own slot and cam lock, and many come with an antibacterial coating.
Accessories for workplace lockers
Explore our wide range of locker accessories including:
- Changing room and cloakroom benches
- Replacement or additional keys and locks
- Sloping locker tops
- Plinths for cube lockers
- Locker stands
Are lockers easy to assemble?
Our lockers are shipped in two different ways: as a single unit or for assembly. One-piece lockers are welded directly in the factory and are delivered as a complete unit ready for installation. The lockers for assembly are delivered as a kit, however, if you prefer your locker pre-assembled, please choose the assembly option when purchasing.
How do you install a locker?
Lockers are usually very simple to install, as long as you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Install the locker on a flat and even surface.
- Fix the locker to a wall or partition using a suitable fixing.
- Take care not to exceed the maximum load advised on the product sheet.
- Ensure that loads are evenly distributed in the locker.
Here at Manutan, we are happy to offer an installation service on all metal, industrial or specialist lockers. Simply choose the installation option when you are ready to order.
What is the difference between a dirty industry locker and a clean industry locker?
Dirty industry lockers are used in work environments which are exposed to dirty or hazardous materials. They contain partitions to separate dirty clothes from clean clothes.
Clean industry lockers have one compartment, with the option of adding shelving. They are suitable for workplaces such as offices, schools, leisure centres and hospitals.
Are lockers secure?
All our lockers are robust, tamper-proof and durable. When purchasing our lockers, you have the option of choosing either a cylinder lock or a hasp and staple lock. You can also purchase Manutan locking systems separately, including key locks for assembled lockers, padlock hasps and replacement keys.
How to clean metal lockers
To clean your metal locker:
- Remove all items from the metal locker.
- Dust the locker with a dry cloth or tissue.
- Clean it with disinfecting wipes, including the door and lock.
- For stubborn dirt, use warm, soapy water and a sponge, then spray and wipe with disinfectant.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes or as instructed on the wipes’ label.
- Consider putting a box of baking soda inside to prevent odours.
Do you offer free delivery?
Yes, we offer free delivery on all our lockers. We also offer a 30 day guarantee so if you’re not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you can return your locker free of charge for a full refund.
Haven’t found what you’re looking for?
We are a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal, industrial and specialist workplace lockers and stock a vast array of popular brands. If you require anything not covered in this range, our sourcing team can help find exactly what you’re looking for.