Whether its in the workplace, or at a home study, one issue that can make using your office chairs a nightmare is an undiagnosed “wobbling”, that makes it so much harder to concentrate on what you’re supposed to be doing, as well as making the chairs themselves uncomfortable. In the following article we’ll take you through some of the different ways that you can identify what’s wrong with your wobbly office chair, and how you can remedy it.
- Examine the wheels of the chair. Turn your chair over so that the legs are upright and the seat is toward the floor, before comparing the wheel of each leg. You’re looking to see if one of them is bent or otherwise defective, which would cause the chair to wobble.
- If one of the wheels is damaged, it will need replacing. Most wheels can either be pulled off or untightened with a Phillips or flat-head screwdriver.
- Inspect the legs of the chair to see if a screw has popped out. If one has, quickly see if you can find the screw in the surrounding area (since it might only have popped out recently). If you can’t find it, and you do not have a similar size replacement screw, you can buy one from most UK hardware stores. However, be sure to take one of the remaining screws with you to so that you get the correct size.
- Examine the plate on the bottom of the chair’s seat. This plate contains several screws and bolts, as well as the adjustment lever and hydraulic lift. Check to see if any screws or bolts are loose; if they are, tighten them up with the appropriate type of screwdriver. However, if any bolts or screws are missing, they will need to be replaced following the steps outlined in step 2.
- Inspect the plate itself for damage. If any part of it appears to be defective, the entire plate will need to be replaced. If you have the make and model number of the office chair, you should be able to order a replacement plate quite easily; either online or from whichever local shop you bought it from. Keep in mind that all of the screws and bolts will need to be taken out of the black plate to remove and replace it.
That concludes this short blog article on how you can easily identify what might be causing your office chair to wobble. It might be, however, that you are tired of your old office chair and are in the market for a new one; if you were interested in buying a new office chair, you can see our wide and varied range of Office Chairs here, including our Leather Office Chairs, executive office chairs, ergonomic office chairs and more.