This September we are celebrating 50 years of Manutan being by your side. Our story is one in which you’ve played a big part in and we’d love to say a big thank you to everyone involved!
This milestone has got us feeling a little nostalgic. So we took a look at where it all began…
Our journey started in 1973 and since then we’ve been adapting our offering to bring the best to you.
- Key was co-founded by Andre Guichard and Mike Osmond-Jones.
- They met through the forklift truck industry in 1960’s and when Manutan took off in France Andre suggested Mike try the concept in the UK – Key was born.
- Our first catalogue was produced in September 1973.
- In October 2008 we bought catalogue production in house.
- We’ve grown print from producing one main catalogue a year to three mini catalogues, one main catalogue and monthly mailers in 2016.
Look at how the catalogues have evolved over the years!
- In 1992 Mike retired and sold his shares to Manutan & Key were wholly owned by the Manutan family.
- January 2016 Manutan private label products were launched.
To celebrate 50 years of Manutan each family member held their own celebration – at Key we planted an Empress tree chosen by the group to symbolise fast growth. We didn’t hold back in celebrating, fully embracing the 70’s with fancy dress & a company lunch.
The tree was planted by our two newest and two longest standing employees who have been with us for over 35 years.
To celebrate and say a big thank you to all our loyal customers we have some great deals on some of our favourite products from the Manutan range.