Tambour cabinets are great space-saving storage units thanks to their roller shutter doors which retract into the cabinet, rather than opening out. If you are having issues with your tambour cabinet door (such as the door rolling back after it has been closed), you may be wondering how to repair it and whether it’s an easy fix.
Whether your cabinet door slats are damaged or the door pops open when it shouldn’t here is how you can fix it depending on the issue:
Your tambour cabinet door keeps opening/sliding back when closed
If you have noticed that your tambour cabinet door slides back after you have closed it, there are a couple of easy ways to fix it:
Using two of the same sized magnets, place one the bottom of the cabinet door’s exterior and the other on the inside right above it. This will force the door to stop at the bottom of the cabinet and stay in place.
Install a weight
All you need to do is attach it to the door’s interior- you can do this either by gluing it in place or screwing it in.
Your tambour cabinet door’s slats are damaged or separating
Remove the cabinet door
Firstly, locate the screws or rivets on the cabinet door guide and remove them on both sides.
Repair the door
If the door slats have been separating more than usual, you should realign them. If, on the other hand, you are trying to fix broken slats, you will need to replace these with new ones in the position the faulty ones were in.
Install the cabinet door back in place
You will need to attach the door back into the door guide, replacing screws or rivets. Once you have done this, slide the door back and forth to ensure that it is opening and closing smoothly.
Benefits of a tambour cabinet
Tambour cabinets have many benefits, including:
- Space efficient – tambour cabinets are a space-saving option for many workplaces as they are less obstructive.
- Adjustable to suit your specific needs – here at Manutan, we sell tambour cabinets which feature adjustable shelves so whether you’re storing office supplies or binders, you can adjust them to be fit for purpose.
- Obstruct less than other cabinets and cupboards – as they usually feature doors which roll or retract into the cabinet, you don’t have to worry about obstructing the surrounding area when you need to use them.
- Smooth and quiet – most tambour cupboards can be opened and closed without making too much sound, making them ideal for offices and schools where noise can be distracting.
- Affordable – here at Manutan, we have tambour cabinets and cupboards to suit a range of budgets.
Looking for a tambour cabinet?
If you are struggling to repair your tambour cabinet or simply want a new one for your workplace, Manutan has a wide range of tambour cabinets and cupboards to suit your business’s needs. We also sell a variety of other cupboards and cabinets so you can find the right storage solution for you.
If you’re not sure which tambour cabinet is right for you or you have any questions about our products, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly sales team who will be happy to assist you with your enquiry.