Commercial cleaning is cleaning that is undertaken by professional cleaners who are hired by a company or organisation. For example, hotels, offices and leisure centres are likely to hire commercial cleaners to ensure that their buildings are adequately sanitised and clean. Commercial cleaning products such as special floor care and industrial vacuum cleaners which can work on both wet and dry surfaces will also be used as commercial cleaning is very different from domestic cleaning.
Types of commercial cleaning
There are different types of commercial cleaning, so in some cases, commercial cleaners will cater to specific businesses (such as hotels). Here is a list of some of the main types of commercial cleaning services:
- Hotel housekeeping – this cleaning service allows the regular upkeep of hotel rooms, corridors and other facilities that may experience high traffic. It is essential to have bedrooms cleaned professionally as these spaces can accumulate lots of different types of germs.
- Office cleaning – this keeps office spaces clean and tidy to help boost productivity in the workplace.
- Medical facility cleaning – this type of cleaning service is very important as medical facilities are high traffic areas that are exposed to a number of germs and bacteria. Special care will need to be taken around medical equipment, chemicals and patient rooms.
- Sports and leisure cleaning – this includes the sanitisation of equipment, changing rooms that experience high traffic and swimming pools which must follow strict hygiene criteria.
- Ventilation cleaning – this service will maintain vents and extraction units to prevent dust and debris piling up over time and posing a threat to people’s health.
- Window cleaning – ensures that buildings look professional inside and out as well as offering employees good visibility.
These cleaning services will typically involve routine and general cleaning using a variety of commercial cleaning products, chemicals and techniques.
Why is commercial cleaning important?
No matter what business you’re in, keeping buildings clean is incredibly important for health and safety reasons, as well as making a good first impression on customers. We’ve put together some of the benefits of commercial cleaning to demonstrate the vital role it plays across organisations:
Relieves pressure from management and staff members
With staff and management being busy with other tasks throughout the day, it can be difficult to find the time to clean. Furthermore, having a clean environment can have a positive impact on productivity and motivation as there is less clutter to distract employees and the workspace has a fresher feel.
Maintains properties and prevents damage
Commercial cleaners are professionally trained to ensure that buildings are hygienic and safe. It is important to regularly clean areas to prevent damage – for example, if there is a spillage that is not dealt with in good time, it could lead to permanent damage or staining. Therefore, hiring commercial cleaners can be cost-effective in the long term as you do not have to replace furniture as often.
The cleanliness of buildings reflect businesses
Having a clean environment which is organised will make a good first impression on new customers, as well as retaining existing ones. For example, if your business is a leisure centre and it is not cleaned regularly, customers may be put off and look use alternative facilities.
It’s essential for health and safety reasons
Allowing mould to grow, not throwing away expired consumables or leaving dust to pile up can be bad for people’s health. For example, if you run a hotel and a customer suffers from asthma, dust could trigger an allergic reaction which will put the customer at risk. Therefore. commercial cleaners play a pivotal role in keeping guests and employees safe.
Looking for commercial cleaning products?
If you’re looking for commercial cleaning products, Manutan has got you covered! We know just how important it is to maintain a high level of hygiene in businesses, which is why we stock a wide range of quality cleaning products. From cleaning trolleys and floor care to spill response and containment products, you can find the right commercial cleaning products to suit your needs. If you’d like any information or advice, please contact us and our friendly team will be happy to help.